At Grok Academy, our mission is to educate all learners in transformative computing skills, knowledge and dispositions, empowering them to meet the challenges and seize the opportunities of the future. To us, computing encompasses basic digital literacy through to advance computer science and related disciplines, and the application of these skills across all disciplines.
Our passion is education, and we’re looking for people who share that passion to join us as we reinvent learning for students across Australia and the world. We don’t just build resources for students – we build interactive learning experiences that excite and challenge students. We want to see every student succeed, whether they’re in pre-school, K-12, the tertiary sector or engaging in their own self-paced learning.
We believe our platform is a fantastic way to develop a deep understanding (that’s what Grok means!) of computer science, and we’re looking for someone who wants to share that understanding and inspire the next generation to code.
The Project Manager at Grok Academy coordinates cross-portfolio projects and interacts with the lead engineers and educators to ensure that projects achieve their outcomes within time and budget. Project Managers report on project budgets, resources, progress and achievements and seek synergies across projects. As Lead Project Manager, you will be contributing to the establishment of a Project management office in which project managers coordinate their work.
We need someone with:
- 7+ years project management experience, preferably in the IT or Education sector
- Understanding of agile project management principles
- Strong attention to deadlines and budgetary guidelines
- Experience developing internal processes
- Proven success working with all levels of management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high degree of empathy and emotional intelligence,
- Ability to manage time effectively and work independently in a goal-focused environment,
- Strong team player skills and who can be a mentor for other team members.
- Experience in Jira
- Professional certification—including PMI/PRINCE II
We are hiring for several Senior/Lead Project Manager roles in our growing project management office. Roles are available for full-time or part-time staff. Our offices are in Sydney, but we have employees working across Australia and are open to hiring from anywhere in Australia.
At Grok we are inspired by our purpose - we learn about education and technology every day and share our learning with our community. All staff are employed under the Grok Academy Group Enterprise Agreement, which offers generous salary and conditions including:
- A 35-hour working week;
- flexible working arrangements to promote a work-life balance,
- generous leave entitlements, including annual shutdown and up to 26 weeks of paid parental leave (12 weeks for the non-primary carer); and
- salary packaging arrangements
How to apply
Send an email to Kylie Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following:
- A 1-2 page response with reference to the position description explaining:
- why you want the role;
- what you would bring to the role and what you would get out of it; and
- an achievement that you are most proud of
- A detailed example / sample of a learning activity you have designed or delivered, including mapping to the relevant curriculum and/or learning outcomes – this is a chance for you to demonstrate your expertise in learning design;
- A current curriculum vitae; and
- Two referees with a thorough knowledge of your work performance
Any offer of a position will be subject to a Working with Children Check and National Police Check.
Your position will include but is not limited to the following duties:
- Leadership of projects. Depending on the size of the project, this can be one or multiple projects.
- Liaise and coordinate with external project partners.
- Attend Steering and Governance Committee Meetings, as applicable.
- Coordinate with portfolio leads within the projects to ensure that educational, engineering, marketing, etc. stakeholders are fully on board and enabled to deliver on promise.
- Track project milestones and spending.
- Report regularly on project progress against KPIs.
- Risk Management
Additional duties for Project Managers in a Lead role include:
- Mentor other project managers in the organisation,
- Contribute to the development of best-practice processes and procedures.
- Manage project deliverables and achievements, including budgets, deliverable milestones and impact metrics.
- Development of Project Propsals.
All staff will:
- Collaborate with your team (communicate, help, coach and learn from each other) to achieve team or project objectives.
- Work effectively with your manager to perform your role.
- Evaluate your work against Grok’s strategic goals.
- Perform other work as reasonably directed by management.