At Grok Academy, our mission is to educate all learners in transformative computing skills, knowledge and dispositions, empowering them to meet the challenges and seize the opportunities of the future. To us, computing encompasses basic digital literacy through to advance computer science and related disciplines, and the application of these skills across all disciplines.
Our passion is education, and we’re looking for people who share that passion to join us as we reinvent learning for students across Australia and the world. We don’t just build resources for students – we build interactive learning experiences that excite and challenge students. We want to see every student succeed, whether they’re in pre-school, K-12, the tertiary sector or engaging in their own self-paced learning.
Our technology, resources, and professional development support teachers to be the most engaging, effective, and efficient educators they can be, so they can focus on the real work of teaching – working directly with learners.
If you want to revolutionise online learning, run exciting competitions and events, lead invaluable professional learning and collaboration for teachers, and provide expert technical, pedagogical, and curriculum advice, then we want you on our team!
We are hiring for several roles (Associate through to Lead) in our growing education team. Roles are available for full-time or part-time staff. Our offices are in Sydney, but we have employees working across the country and are open to hiring from anywhere in Australia.
We're not just inspired by our purpose, we live and breathe it. Our team philosophy is that we are constantly learning and improving our knowledge and skills, and we play a leadership role by sharing that with our customers and community.
We value every employee in our organisation, and employ staff under the Grok Academy Group Enterprise Agreement which offers generous salary and conditions including:
- A 35-hour working week;
- flexible working arrangements to promote a work-life balance, including remote working opportunities; and
- generous leave entitlements, including annual shutdown and up to 26 weeks of paid parental leave (12 weeks for the non-primary carer); and
Join us to shape the learning of students in schools, universities and homes across Australia and around the world.
The base salary for our roles can be found in Schedule 2 of the Grok Academy Enterprise Agreement, plus 10% superannuation.
How to apply
Send an email to Kylie Williams (email@example.com) with the following:
- A 2–3 page response with reference to the position description explaining:
- why you want the role – show us that education is your passion;
- what you would bring to the role and what you would get out of it –how you will model excellence and grow professionally;
- an example of a project or team you have led to successfully meet its objective/goal – share with us your leadership style; and
- an achievement that you are most proud of –celebrate your successes and share your learning.
- A detailed example / sample of a learning activity you have designed or delivered, including mapping to the relevant curriculum and/or learning outcomes – this is a chance for you to demonstrate your expertise in learning design;
- A current curriculum vitae–share the relevant education, experience and skills you’ve developed throughout your career; and
- Two referees with a thorough knowledge of your work performance –we want to hear from people who can attest to the impact and enthusiasm you bring to the job.
Any offer of a position will be subject to a Working with Children Check and National Police Check.
As a member of our Education team, your role will consist of the following duties:
- Work in teams to design and develop educational materials and outreach programs, including student resources and teacher support materials for our online, offline and in-person activities;
- Provide curriculum, technology, and pedagogy support, advice, and consulting for customers and educators engaging with Grok;
- Activate and engage with external stakeholders and partners on our projects and initiatives;
- Present at education and teaching conferences, workshops and trade shows to demonstrate thought leadership and promote Grok Academy’s expertise;
- Collaborate with other educators in the organisation, developing their knowledge and expertise in teaching, pedagogy, curriculum and digital technologies education;
- Nurture positive relationships with educator and school communities, e.g., schools and education systems, universities, TAFEs and IT teacher associations in each state and territory; and
- Report on project deliverables and achievements, including budgets, deliverable milestones and impact metrics.
Additional duties for Educators in a Lead role include:
- Leading teams in the design and development of educational materials and outreach programs;
- Mentor other educators in the organisation; and
- Manage project deliverables and achievements, including budgets, deliverable milestones and impact metrics.
We need people who:
- Have proven leadership and management skills, including supervising, mentoring and developing capability in others;
- can write for a diverse audience over a range of cognitive levels;
- have demonstrated experience translating difficult concepts into engaging and accessible content;
- have excellent copy-editing and proof-reading skills;
- are flexible, willing to develop skills, and can learn and adapt quickly;
- have excellent interpersonal skills with a high degree of empathy and emotional intelligence;
- can manage time and people effectively in a goal-focused environment;
- are team players.
The ideal candidates would have experience and/or expertise in delivering professional development for teachers, curriculum development/implementation, and/or delivering and designing classroom learning experiences in the K-12, VET and/or university sectors.